Friday, January 6, 2012

Baby steps

Baby steps allow for stumbles, fumbles and flops....last night's dinner attempt is extremely grateful for baby steps lol!

I have never worked with fresh garlic or shallots so this was an adventure to say the least!

I started the dish by sautéing the above with some of the fresh organic butter we received, along with some thin strips of bacon....it smelled amazing! Then I plopped 2 pork chops in and basked in the sizzling glory!

In another pan I did the same thing but added the red chard along with a little red wine vinegar.....this I cooked for too long or too high of heat...tasted pretty ok but wan't very pretty...again....baby steps lol.

The finished outcome wasn't a feast for the eyes but man oh man it was pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment