Thursday, January 5, 2012

Everything has a beginning

In 2008 my husband was diagnosed with an extreme case of Celiac Disease. Since then we have been slowly changing our diet. Paying more attention to what we eat and where it comes from. We started shopping at a local market and were pretty tickled with ourselves.

This year we are taking things to the next level and while I find it very intimidating there is a childlike excitement growing in me.

January 1, 2012 we placed our first order with Full Circle (a local farm that acts as a "hub" for other local and organic farms to deliver produce, meat and other food items right to our door). Our next door neighbor has been using them for a few months and is very happy with the experience.

There will be no more "regular" trips to the grocery store. We will have everything we can delivered, and I'm hoping this will keep us from buying things we don't need *cough*cookies*cough*.

We will try to start making everything we eat. From bread to tomato paste to vege and meat broths - there will be no limit to the journey of culinary creativity that will be brewing from our tiny little kitchen.

This is not being done as a way to lose weight - even though that is something I am hoping for (I start this journey at 214 lbs and wearing a size 18)- but as a way to take control of our lives. We had decided to do this before watching Food Inc, but after watching that the other day I am even more determined to make this work! I have to know where my food is coming from more than ever now - I feel a bit freakish about it lol.

This blog will be the story of our families food reformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment